A rich and deliciously musky mix of fragrant herbs, spices, and delectable dark keluak paste.
Onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, lemongrass, galangal, candlenut, belachan, chili and keluak. (Weight: 500g)
- Heat oil in pot. Add 1 stalk lemongrass, 2 slices galangal and stir for 2 mins.
- Add 1kg pork or chicken. Stir for 3-4 mins.
- Add 500g Keluak Rempah. Stir until combined.
- Add enough water to cover meat, bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Add tamarind and seasoning to taste.
- Simmer for 1 min and serve.
Keluak Fried Rice
- Heat oil in a pan. Scramble 2 eggs and set aside.
- In same pan, fry 1/2 tbsp chooped onion and 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic.
- Add 2tbsp Keluak Rempah. Stir for 2 mins.
- Add 250g cold cooked rice, 100g diced prawns, 50g sliced long beans, scrambled eggsand stir for 5 mins.
- Season to taste and serve.